This past Sunday, the LA Times ran an article which was essentially an inflammatory pummeling of the EDM scene. It painted a picture of “Ecstasy-fueled underground” raves, bumped up into the mainstream, leaving a trail of dead, drug-addled kids being picked up by the “…coroner’s wagon rolling…
Go fuck yourself
Once during the summer i had something almost close to an epiphany. I realized that the idea of God was probably humanity’s creation to be able to deal with the fear of being so vulnerable to the forces of nature, vulnerable to other human beings subjective nature, and thus the need for a father figure to guide them in life. The idea that humans, society, created god was because human beings longed for a father that knew everything, that held all the answers in the trials and tribulations of life. Then I went on tumblr and waddyaknow, Sigmund Freud already came up with it. Fuck you man.
Ever reviled, accursed, ne’er understood,
Thou art the grisly terror of our age.
“Wreck of all order,” cry the multitude,
“Art thou, and war and murder’s endless rage.”
O, let them cry. To them that ne’er have striven
The truth that lies behind a word to find,
To them the word’s right meaning was not given.
They shall continue blind among the blind.
But thou, O word, so clear, so strong, so pure,
Thou sayest all which I for goal have taken.
I give thee to the future! Thine secure
When each at least unto himself shall waken.
Comes it in sunshine? In the tempest’s thrill?
I cannot tell—but it the earth shall see!
I am an Anarchist! Wherefore I will
Not rule, and also ruled I will not be!
JOHN HENRY MACKAY
- Never outshine the master.
- Never put too much trust in friends; learn how to use enemies.
- Conceal your intentions.
- Always say less than necessary.
- So much depends on reputation. Guard it with your life.
- Court attention at all costs.
- Get others to do the work for you, but always take the credit.
- Make other people come to you; use bait if necessary.
- Win through your actions, never through argument.
- Infection: avoid the unhappy and unlucky.
- Learn to keep people dependent on you.
- Use selective honesty and generosity to disarm your victim.
- When asking for help, appeal to people’s self-interests, never to their mercy or gratitude.
- Pose as a friend, work as a spy.
- Crush your enemy totally.
- Use absence to increase respect and honor.
- Keep others in suspended terror: cultivate an air of unpredictability.
- Do not build fortresses to protect yourself. Isolation is dangerous.
- Know who you’re dealing with; do not offend the wrong person.
- Do not commit to anyone.
- Play a sucker to catch a sucker: play dumber than your mark.
- Use the surrender tactic: transform weakness into power.
- Concentrate your forces.
- Play the perfect courtier.
- Re-create yourself.
- Keep your hands clean.
- Play on people’s need to believe to create a cultlike following.
- Enter action with boldness.
- Plan all the way to the end.
- Make your accomplishments seem effortless.
- Control the options: get others to play with the cards you deal.
- Play to people’s fantasies.
- Discover each man’s thumbscrew.
- Be royal in your fashion: act like a king to be treated like one.
- Master the art of timing.
- Disdain things you cannot have: Ignoring them is the best revenge.
- Create compelling spectacles
- Think as you like but behave like others.
- Stir up waters to catch fish.
- Despise the free lunch.
- Avoid stepping into a great man’s shoes.
- Strike the shepherd and the sheep will scatter.
- Work on the hearts and minds of others.
- Disarm and infuriate with the mirror effect.
- Preach the need for change, but never reform too much at once.
- Never appear perfect.
- Do not go past the mark you aimed for; in victory, learn when to stop.
- Assume formlessness.
1. Gather 3 people including yourself.
2. Select a random stranger
3. In order over the course of the day have each person bump into them and say the following:
“You’re in a coma”
“This isn’t real”
4 After saying the phrase walk away and pretend nothing happened.